- 1 cup tahini
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat tahini, chocolate, honey, salt, cinnamon, and orange zest in a medium heatproof bowl set over a medium saucepan of barely simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water), stirring occasionally, or microwave in short bursts, stirring in between bursts, until melted and smooth.
- Carefully pour tahini mixture into a glass or metal tall-sided baking pan (an 8×8″ pan works well). Chill until truffle base is firm, 60–70 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop pistachios by hand or with a food processor. Mix pistachios and sesame seeds in a medium bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Scoop tahini mixture by the tablespoonful and quickly roll into 1″ balls between the palms of your hands. Toss in pistachio-sesame mixture until coated. Using a spoon, gently transfer to prepared sheet.