- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced russet potatoes (although any type on hand will do)
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups fish or vegetable stock
- 1 cup half-and-half, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound wild salmon, cut into about 2-inch pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the potatoes, leeks, and mushrooms. Sauté the vegetables until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute. Add the white wine and simmer until most of the liquid has cooked off. Stir in the tomatoes, fish or vegetable stock, half and half, yogurt, parsley, and dill and bring to a low simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the salmon and simmer until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with drops of half and half and parsley or dill, if desired.